Dermaroller allow you to experience the anti-ageing benefits of microneedling without the hassle and expense of regular beauty clinic appointments.
Dermaroller is used to deliver collagen induction therapy (CTI) through microneedling. It features a cylindrical attachment cartridge which connects to a handle. The cartridge is covered with lots of tiny needles which prick the surface of the skin, creating "micro-wounds" or also called "micro channels" that allow skincare products, such as potent serums, to penetrate and absorb into the deeper layers of skin to deliver more powerful results. These tiny pinpricks act like a bunch of mini injuries that kick skin into healing mode and stimulate collagen and elastin production. This process plumps skin and improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, scars, and pores.
Gently roll the dermaroller over the surface of the skin in a few different directions to create tiny holes in the skin’s surface. The whole process takes around 10-15 minutes and it is pretty painless. You can expect some redness for up to a couple days afterward as a result of all the skin stimulation, but it subsides quickly as the healing begins and the results of more glowing, supple skin start to show. To get truly effective results, you’ll need more than one treatment to continually build collagen and elastin.
Benefits to using the derma roller.
Derma rollers can improve the appearance of:
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Sun damage/melasma
- Uneven skin tone (smooths skin)
- Acne scarring & other scarring
- Stretch marks
- Loose skin
- Dullness (brightens skins)
Dermaroller comes with different needles lenght. The following are basic reccomandation of usage:
- For sensitive skin, serum penetration and large pores it is suggested to use the 0.25mm dermaroller every other day.
- For large pores, hyper pigmentation, stretch marks, wrinkles and hair loss it is suggested to use the 0.50mm dermaroller once a week.
- For deep wrinkles, shallow scars, deep body scars and face stretch marks it is suggested to use the 1.50mm dermaroller once every 4-6 weeks. This needle size is reccomended to be used only by professionals.
Directions for Use:
- Always disinfect the roller with needles with a isopropyl alcohol based sanitiser and allow this to dry.
- Cleanse skin with cleanser of choice to remove all traces of makeup. This will also prevent the exchange of bacteria.
- Apply hyaluronic acid onto skin before rolling.
- Roll the derma roller back and forth about 4-5 times in each direction horizontally, vertically and diagonally, on the area you wish to treat. Your dermarolling session should last no longer than 15 minutes, including your neck area. If you do not dermaroll on your neck, 10 minutes is enough for the face.
- Maintain a uniform speed and pressure for the best results.
While micro-channels are still open, immediately apply a repair serum and a moisturizer creme to the treated area to calm the skin and provide hydration. You will experience mild redness and swelling after needling, as well as some needle point bleeding. This is normal and nothing to be concerned about.
To ensure the proper healing environment, please follow the steps below.
After treatment (first 24 hours): Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and apply a nourishing moisturiser. Avoid products containing fragrances or active ingredients such as vitamin C, A/Retinols, acids such lactic acid, AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids), BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid). In general avoid anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare for at least 7 days post-treatment. Also do not use scrubs or toners which may cause irritation.
Your skin may experience mild swelling, bruising, peeling and flaking. You can minimise these effects by keeping the skin moisturised, which will reduce shedding and alleviate tightness.
Avoid exercising in gym because this environment is harmful, rife with bacteria, and may cause adverse reactions to your skin. Do not sweat excessively, swim or apply makeup for 24 hours (if applying makeup is unavoidable, try to use one specifically for post-treatments or for sensitive skin to avoid irritation). Avoid prolonged sun exposure and if you leave the house you must apply a high protection sunscreen when going outdoors.
There is no downtime as such, however, the first day after your treatment you will experience redness and your skin will flake. Avoid doing dermaroll if you plan to attend an event within 24-48 hours post-treatment.
Directions for Cleaning:
- After treatment always clean and disinfect the roller head.
- Rinse the derma roller under cold running water. This will remove any micro traces of blood from the derma roller head.
- After this allow the microneedle roller to dry. Do not touch the micro needles during this process. Do not use paper towel or anything else to dry the needles or they may become blunt.
- After it is dry, spray it with a disinfectant spray. We recommend using either one based on isopropyl alcohol (the same product used for anti-Covid will work fine) or colloidal silver.
- Allow the alcohol to evaporate or the colloidal silver to dry then return the derma roller to its case to protect the microneedles.
- When you next use it respray the derma roller with sanitiser, allow this to dry then go ahead and start derma rolling.
- Even if the Derma Roller is disinfected there is no guarantee to remove the risk of blood diseases so derma rollers should never be shared with another person. They can be reused on one person only.
Derma Roller Features:
- Made of ABS material, which is eco-friendly, safe, non-toxic and harmless to the skin.
- Packaged in a hygienically sealed wrapping.
- Stable design is ergonomically designed to be held comfortably.
- Anti-skid grip design on the handle.
- Can be used on all areas of the scalp, face, body including sensitive skin like around eyes, mouth and neck.
- A dermaroller should be used no more than 10-12 times maximum. With each use the dermaroller needles will dull and degenerate. If needles are not sharp enough is not possible to stimulate the skin and have the right collagen growth.
- Product Length: 15cm
- Product Weight: 200gr
- PC+ABS Plastic Combination
- Cylinder with 540 Stainless Steel needles
In the Box:
1x Dermaroller with 540 Steel Needles in a hygienically sealed wrapping.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS OF MICRONEEDLING
Allow time for your skin to recover. After microneedling, skin redness is common - and this may last for several days. For this reason, you’ll want to ensure plenty of time between microneedling and any important events you may have scheduled.
Protect your skin from the sun. During this time, you should also take extra care to protect your skin from the sun, as microneedling can make your skin more photosensitive. Any sun exposure without adequate sunscreen can increase your risk of developing hyperpigmentation, so ensure to always wear a broad-spectrum SPF of at least 50+.
Hygiene is important. Microneedling can also have some other risks such as scarring or infection, if care is not taken to perform the treatment hygienically. It’s crucial to remember that microneedling is a cosmeceutical treatment, and you are essentially creating microscopic open wounds in the skin, so appropriate care must be taken to create a sterile environment and to keep your device sterile, too. Always wipe down any benches/surfaces where you will be microneedling with antiseptic spray, tie back your hair away from your face and cleanse your skin prior to microneedling. Also, thoroughly wash and glove your hands.
The Derma Roller must be used always by the same person. Do not share the Dermaroller with other people and alwas clean and disinfect the head after each treatment!
Absolutely avoid microneedling if you have one or more of the following conditions:
- Active acne
- Local infection such as herpes and warts
- Moderate to severe eczema
- Cuts, abrasions, bleeding injuries
- Keloid scarring
- Using anti-coagulant medications
- Skin conditions that has extreme keloidal tendency
- Cancer patients who have chemo/radiotherapy
- Microneedling should be avoided by pregnant and breastfeeding woman because although is generally considered to be safe the hormonal changes in the body during these times can cause skin to be extra sensitive and the healing process and production of new collagen requires vitamins and nutrients to be utilized that would otherwise be reserved for the child.
- Microneedling should also be avoided on those under 18 years of age.
If you are taking medications you can still do a microneedling treatment but with caution. You should definitively consult your doctor, dermatologist or skincare specialist if you are taking the following medications: accutane, antibiotics, antidepressants, medications that cause photosensitivity or high blood pressure.
Do not use a dermaroller of any size on recently tweezed, waxed or threaded areas. These areas are usually tender, and dermarolling on sensitized skin can increase the chance of an unwanted reaction.
If you’re undergoing cosmetic treatments including chemical peels, laser, cosmetic surgery, filler injections, Botox or cosmetic surgery, it’s necessary to wait until your skin fully recovers before commencing microneedling. Make sure to always check with your medical esthetician if the microneedling treatment might interfere with any of your cosmetic procedure results.
Please speak with your doctor before purchasing and using any Dermaroller products. The description here contained are not intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified doctor, pharmacist, dermatologist or other licensed skincare professional. Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. For any other concerns or questions, please contact your doctor or dermatologist. Alema Professional GmbH is not responsible for any damage or health inconvenience it might result from the usage of this device.